I embrace lifelong development. I find it greatly rewarding to join sides with clients and help them to use simple and powerful ‘tools’ that fast-forward their development on-the-job. Paradoxically, this ‘fast-forwarding’ also involves slowing down, to get perspective. An African saying I have come to appreciate in this context is:
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
It is my passion to meet people where they are in their development and to be able to work with the ‘raw materials’ that are available: the awareness, the goals, the biography, the frustrations, the filters, the fears, the contexts, the desires, the hopes, the visions, the pressures.
My personal drives are independent thinking, creativity, innovation, development, harmony, and connection.
I have discovered that when I bring these drives into a coaching relationship (individual or team) it helps create a safe and challenging climate for growth. The developmental theories and methods that I use, help the client and myself to create the right mix of challenge and support over time and enjoy the company.
Working with me on an individual basis or as a team, you will benefit from my 25 years expertise in working with (international) technology, science, and professional services organisations and experience in developmental coaching.
The theme that connects most of the work that I do with clients, is helping teams and individuals to become better at negotiating ‘good deals’ with others and with themselves.
Besides developmental coaching, I therefore also work with clients on related assignment, including:
- Independent facilitating of cross-boundary negotiations in complex, deadlock-prone situations
- Developing a skillset and mindset with engineers / technologists to help them negotiate more effectively
- Shaping and supporting a portfolio of ‘100-day experiments’, learning along the way
- Helping organizations develop a 21st century Growth Culture, using the principles behind Deliberately Developmental Organizations (DDO’s)
As coach & facilitator with Cultivating Leadership I help individuals and organizations to adapt to increasing complexity in simple and innovative ways.
I am an Initiator and Facilitator at Great Place to Grow. In collaboration with partners and clients we apply the latest insights that emerge from on going research into Deliberately Developmental Organizations (DDO’s).
I am an associate partner with RoutsLaeven, a NL based boutique specialised in developing skillset and mindset in negotiators, using the Harvard negotiation principles.
- Certified Growth Edge Coach (expected early 2019)
- Accredited as a facilitator to deliver the Immunity-to-Change ™ workshops in small to very large groups.
- Selected for the 2014/15 class of the Coach Certification Program lead by Robert Kegan and Lisa Lahey (MindsatWork/Harvard); certified in November 2015.
- Certified by The Leadership Circle to deliver several leadership and organizational culture 360° Assessments; the most prevalent is The Leadership Circle Profile™ (February 2016).
- Various accreditations to deliver training programmes in the area of commercial processes and behaviours
- BSc In Agricultural Engineering in the Netherlands and a Masters degree in Business Administration from the University of Kent (United Kingdom).
I live near Utrecht (Netherlands) and I enjoy working in Dutch or English. I get by pretty well in Spanish, French and German, but prefer to stick to Dutch or English in coaching contexts.
yes is a pleasant country:
let’s open the year
both is the very weather
when violets appear
love is a deeper season
my sweet one
(and april’s where we’re)
She covers the shame
Removes the stain
It could be her name
Grace, it’s the name for a girl
It’s also a thought that changed the world
And when she walks on the street
You can hear the strings
Grace finds goodness in everything
Grace, she’s got the walk
Not on a ramp or on chalk
She’s got the time to talk
She travels outside of karma
She travels outside of karma
When she goes to work
You can hear her strings
Grace finds beauty in everything
Grace, she carries a world on her hips
No champagne flute for her lips
No twirls or skips between her fingertips
She carries a pearl in perfect condition
What once was hurt
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stings
Because Grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things
Grace makes beauty out of ugly things